Kassel RV parking
Opposite the campsite near the Karlsaue Park and the Fuldaaue recreation area.
Size and amenities
Illuminated site (pavement, gravel yard) with 20 parking places, open all year with electricity, water and sanitation. During the season (April to October) the sanitary facilities of the campsite are available. Fees €9-15, electricity €0.50/kWh, water €2/100 litres.
Town centre 3 km, gastronomy 400 m, shopping possibilities 1.5 km, bus stop 200 m, tram station 1.2 km, swimming pool Auebad 1.6 km.
Kassel is considered one of the most important cultural cities in Germany, not only thanks to the documenta, which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city every five years as the world's most important exhibition for contemporary art. Above all, the UNESCO World Heritage Site Wilhelmshöhe Mountain Park is a popular destination for culture lovers and garden fans alike. The new GRIMM WORLD Kassel offers an interactive experience for everyone and underscores Kassel's position as an outstanding museum location and capital of the German Fairytale Route.
Leisuretime and Adventure
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe with Hercules monument and water display
- GRIMM WORLD Kassel
- Karlsaue Park with Orangerie and Siebenbergen flower island
- Outstanding museums (Picture Gallery of Old Masters, Weißensteinflügel [preserved historic wing of the castle], Löwenburg etc.)
- Auebad (reduced admittance fee for campground guests)
- Kurhessen thermal in Kassel – Wilhelmshöhe Spa
German Fairy Tale Route Tip
- Guided topic tours, e.g. "In the footsteps of the Brothers Grimm", "Aunt Hermine, the neighbour of the Brothers Grimm", "More than a fairy tale: underway with Jacob Grimm", "Da hol ich minne Ahle" [local dialect for "I'll just go fetch my awl"] …
- Adventure ticket KasselCard for two persons (24 or 72 h): free travel with local public transport system as well as numerous other discounts.
- June to September 2017: documenta 14
- June to August: Cultural Summer North Hesse
- July/August: Brothers Grimm Festival Kassel
- July/August: Public Festival Zissel
- November/December: Fairy Tale Christmas Fair Kassel
51°17‘27“ / 09°29‘15“